Funding is available for Sustainable Travel in East Lancashire (Burnley, Pendle, Ribble Valley, Hyndburn and Rossendale)
Lancashire County Council will receive Local Sustainable Transport Funding in April 2015 to provide a range of initiatives in East Lancashire including grants to businesses and organisations.
If you would like to encourage your employees to try travelling to work on foot or by bike, public transport or car sharing, then these grants are for you.
The grant is available for one year only and businesses can apply for up to £5000. The process is simple and speedy – early applications can be approved now with payments being released from April 2015 onwards. Businesses with over 150 employees may be invited to apply for a further £5000 in July 2015 depending on their chosen project.
What can the grant be used for?
Possible sustainable travel initiatives depending on the focus of the business:
- Showers, changing and drying facilities
- Covered and secure cycle storage
- Electric vehicle charging points etc
LCC are also offering free support to businesses delivering sustainable travel initiatives:
- Advice on cycle storage
- Advice on setting up a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Promoting car sharing
- Mapping of employee postcodes
- Help with the design of a Travel Survey
- LCC can host and analyse a Travel Survey for employees online
- Arrange cycle training for complete beginners to employees who haven’t been on a bike for a while and aren’t confident about cycling to work
- Arrange cycle maintenance sessions
- Provide maps of local cycle and walking routes
- Help organise Health & Wellbeing promotions/Non-Drive to Work event
- Personal journey planning
- Take part in the Lancashire Cycle Challenge
If you are interested in accessing the sustainable travel grant or the free support, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01772 530201.